Vintage Sixties Festival
Vintage Sixties Festival – Saturday 2nd April
Not a ticketed event FREE entry and movement on the pier and promenade
Cromer Pier, a unique venue, the jewel in the crown of the North Norfolk coast and home to the only award-winning full season end of pier show in the world is adding to its existing eclectic mix of entertainment with the return of our annual festival celebrating the sixties and the resurgence of interest in all things vintage. This year will be the beginning of the recovery of the festival following the pandemic and an opportunity to rebuild the event to pre-pandemic levels. The festival has real credibility and is an opportunity for enthusiasts of the era to congregate, demonstrate and reignite their passion for the era that brought us The Beatles, Twiggy, Pirate Radio, The Mini and so much more. Throughout the day embrace all things sixties on the pier, promenade, and beyond.
- Beatles Day in the theatre from 10am to 2pm, featuring live Beatles projections on our impressive 8-metre LED wall, an opportunity to view some of the pieces from Nigel Pearce’s incredible famous Beatles collection and take a look at his recently published book “Inside Number Three” the visual history of Apple Records published by Gonzo Multimedia. You can purchase a copy on the day, or if you are one step ahead bring your copy along and get it signed by Nigel. Live acoustic session from singer, songwriter, and guitarist Amanda Lehmann with a selection of Beatles classics and a couple of her own tracks too, Amanda will also be available for signings and copies of her material for sale.
- Authentic vintage trade stalls, including vinyl, new and pre-loved clothing, bric a brac and memorabilia. New retro-inspired clothing MOD ONE, WHAT IS HIP, Pre-loved clothing WAKE UP LITTLE SUSIE, MAJOR TOM, CROMER NEW U, JACKIE PARDOE, vinyl records HOLT VINYL VAULT, MIGHTY MUSIC, Vintage signs, BYEGONES, Vintage memorabilia DA VINTAGE MODE and catering by WILDCRAFT BREWERY, NORFOLK RAIDER CIDER, AMMAS STREETFOOD SRI-LANKAN CUISINE, FAT TEDS STREATFOOD, ALMOND KITCHEN.
- An impressive collection of 20 retro surfboards, kindly offered by Darren Veal in association with Glide Surf School.
- FREE live music at the end of the pier courtesy of ROCK THE LOBSTER
- FREE music on the promenade courtesy of HOLT VINYL VAULT
- The incredible sight of hundreds of scooters, classic motorbikes, and classic vehicles on the promenade, certain to set a few pulses racing and a unique opportunity to take a look at a collectors pride and joy on the seafront creating a real air of nostalgia to the day.
- £1 per pint promotion between 11am and noon and 3pm to 4pm (subject to supply and as long as stocks last) A fantastic festival atmosphere throughout the day.
We have four fantastic shows to celebrate the era, kicking off with the sixties legend MARTY WILDE AND THE WILDCATS, followed by the CROMER SOUL CLUB KEEP THE FAITH SOULD NIGHT, a concert version of the West End MOD extravaganza ALL OR NOTHING, and BRINGING ON BACK THE SIXTIES WITH NEW AMEN CORNER.
Traders and vehicle exhibitors, access via the marshaled Melbourne Slope ( entrance to the prom at the Morrisons Garage) from 8am, first come first served, so please arrive early. All vehicles must stay in place until 4pm. Please adhere to the marshal’s instructions.
Scooters loaned by North Norfolk Scooter Club
Clothing supplied by Wake Up Little Susie
Photography by Brad Damms Photography
Model Miss Yasmine Mackin-Page
Thursday 31st March – Marty Wilde & The Wildcats – Get Tickets Here
60s legend Marty Wilde MBE kicks off the festivities of the era on Thursday 31st March, a chance to see live on stage one of the only performing Rock’n’Roll Pioneers in the World today.
With his many hits and a host of wonderful songs from that era – Marty Wilde and his fabulous band, the Wildcats take you back through some of the most exciting musical times this country has ever experienced.
Friday 1st April – Cromer Soul Club: Keep The Faith – Get Tickets Here
Cromer Soul Club is proud to join forces with Cromer Pier to present a series of “Keep The Faith” dance nights over the coming year. From “Eight till Late”, Club DJs Hitman & Halfnelson will continue to share their love of vintage vinyl as they deliver an exciting mix of Northern Soul, Motown, and Classic R&B in the iconic Pier Pavilion Bar.
Saturday 2nd April – All or Nothing – The MOD Musical Experience – Get Tickets Here
After three sell-out tours and a successful West End run of All Or Nothing the Mod Musical writer Carol Harrison and the multi-talented cast perform the All Or Nothing Experience Concert Show celebrating the music of the iconic mod band the Small Faces.
On Saturday 2nd April 2022, The MOD Musical Experience will include hits; “Whatcha Gonna Do About It” “Itchychoo Park” “Lazy Sunday” “Tin Soldier” “All Or Nothing”, and much more. Including a second set from the All Or Nothing band playing a host of classic groovy and soulful tunes from the sixties.
Sunday 3rd April – Bringing On Back The 60’s – Get Tickets Here
New Amen Corner are back with their rip-roaring touring show Bringing On Back The 60s. On Sunday 3rd April, Cromer Pier invites you to a fast-moving nostalgic ride through the era, that gave us the mini car, the mini skirt, and of course, exceptional music.
Costume changes and multi-media showing original footage of the swinging sixties are accompanied by the authentic sound of the New Amen Corner. It’s THE show with the ultimate feel-good factor. Get yourself the hottest ticket in town.
For those wanting to get involved whether you are a business, individual or group we would be delighted to hear from you. Applications to take part should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information will be released soon so please do sign up for the newsletter and follow us on social media @thecromerpier.
Openwide Coastal is excited to develop this event into an authentic annual weekend event to become a firm fixture in Cromer’s diverse entertainment calendar showcasing the pier as a unique and desirable location for festival events!
Openwide Coastal reserve the right to cancel the event due to inclement weather or circumstances beyond our control.
Vintage clothes for the photoshoot supplied by Wake Up Little Susie Images Brad Damms Photography, thank you to model Yasmine Macklin-Page.
Lambretta’s supplied by Trevor Bailey and Jason Matthews.